Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Thank You!


Hi, there!

I'm just popping in quick to share with you a card I made for a friend.  It was a past due birthday celebration for me.  My friend has had some rough luck with things.  The time we were to get together she had car damage from hitting a deer.  Her next hurdle was getting her husband back to good health after he had open heart surgery.  Anyways, we got together with dinner, cake, and a few gifts.  We all had a great time catching up on things!  If you haven't guessed it yet, Nancy is my friend who loves owls.  So, an owl slider card it is.  I've been wanting to do a slider card...so easy and fun!

I used MFT stamp set.  The slider die is from MFT, too.  I colored the owls with copics.  The twine and dots are from doodlebug.  I can't wait to see my friend, Nancy, for a craft day soon to show her how to make a slider card!

Ok, well that's all for now.  And, just an added note...

My heart just aches over the recent shooting in Parkland, Florida.  I don't know what the answer is to all the school shootings.  It seems that troubled youth are hurting and so they lash out at innocent young children.  It is so very sad.  I won't get political for I see both sides of the issue.  But, I will say please be kind to one another.    Spread kindness, peace, and love.  God's peace to you and yours.

Hugs,
Maria

10 comments:

  1. Yikes this is so cute!! I love the CAS look and that sliding owl is fabulous! Have a beautiful day Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card, Maria! I bet your friend loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so fun, Maria! Loving the slider elements, and those owls are just adorable! I really love the accents of bright colors you used. So cheerful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cuteness is off the scale with this little beauty Maria and I'm sure your friend felt special to receive it after her tough time.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so awful to continue seeing such violence against individuals, too, but the big groups make the news. I do sometimes think God might flood the world except that he said He never would again. I am so grateful for my life which has so far been protected from evil. On to happier things--this is an adorable card for your friend! Always admire your coloring, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sliding owls are just so perfect for your friend!

    LOVE your comments about being kind. I wish the world could read them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria what a sweet card for your poor friend. I have this set and have yet to ink it up--now I an inspired. If is very sad to hear of all these school shootings in the U.S. I hope kindness wins this war!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My precious friend, you have the loveliest heart. First it shines in this creation for your friend and then again at the end of your post. Sometimes I just want to hide away forever, but that's not how love will win. I'm forever grateful for people like you. I know this card, so perfectly tailored to the recipient, helped her so much during her difficult times. You are a gift, Maria. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Maria! Love the cute owls!

    ReplyDelete